Headboard Remote Control Caddy Pattern
This is a neat piece in that there are no seams to sew and it is knit on straight needles. The stitch technique creates a pouch!
- Lion Brand Homespun Yarn (Or a similar yarn)
- 1 set of size 11 straight needles
- Either an extra size 11 needle or an extra needle larger than an 11. (Otherwise cast off can come out tight making your top edge too firm).
- Crochet hook or tapestry needle to weave in ends
- Some Coordination Ribbon or yarn crocheted into a tie.
To Make this Caddy:
Begin by casting on 26 stitches.
Next Row: *K1, With Yarn in Front, Slip 1 stitch purlwise* Across Row.
Repeat the last row until piece is a few inches shorter than your remote. On the next row:
*K1 to your extra needle, with yarn in front slip 1 to your regular needle, K1 to your extra needle and pass the first st over the second binding off 1 stitch, with yarn in front slip 1 to your regular needle* Repeat across to the last st and pass the remaining knit stitch over the last stitch instead of slipping it. Then put the resulting stitch on the regular needle. (You should have 13 stitches on your regular needle)
Continue in stockinette stitch for a couple of inches, then on a knit row:
K2, yo, K2tog, K to last 4 stitches, K2tog, yo, K2
Purl 1 row
Weave in your ends and use your ribbon through the eyelet holes created in the second to the last row to attach to your headboard! Enjoy.
Please enjoy this pattern. But please instead of sharing the pattern itself share the link. And do not make these to sell them unless 100% of the profits are going to charity.