Sunday, November 11, 2007

Generic Hat Pattern for Charts Flat Top

This generic pattern is for use with the charts on my website. It will be a square hat. For added flare you can attach pom poms or tassels to the corner of the hat. It is designed to be knit with worsted weight yarn and size 8 needles. Can be knit flat or round from directions. Two sizes provided adult small and large

Cast on 80 (88) stitches

Do desired length of K1, P1 ribbing.

Do 3-5 rows stockinette stitch, on last row place stitch markers to work the chart in between. For a flat topped hat it is important to center the chart on both flat knitted hat and round knitted hats as you can do three needle bind off in the round if the chart is centered.

Work Chart

Continue in Stockinette for desired length. You can now do regular bind off, in the round you can also do three needle bind off. and if you would like to do three needle bind off knitting flat you will need to rearrange your stitches to do so.

If you did not do three needle bind off be sure to center image and sew top seam.

If hat was knit flat sew up back seam.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi, Kody May! I've just discovered your website, because I was looking for hat patterns. Your website came up and I am glad I bumped into it. You have wonderful patterns and I love your work! Would you happen to have a picture of this pattern? This seems an easy pattern to knit up. Thanks!

vicki said...

Hi Kody

Love your website but I am trying to find the pattern for the Generic Hat Pattern for Charts Flat Top can you advise me please where I find it on your website please.

Regards Vicki