Sunday, June 08, 2008

Serious Water Bottle Holder Pattern (Crocheted)

Serious Water Bottle Holder

Here in Guyana where it feels like it's 1,000 degrees all day and the tap water is less than safe for my consumption, you need to be able to haul around a seriously big water bottle. So this is my pattern for a 1.5 liter water bottle holder. It's a super fast crochet. I made it on the spur of the moment cause we were going out and I wanted cool water.

  • Worsted Weight Cotton
  • H Crochet Hook

Foundation: Chain 5. Join.

Row 1: Ch 3 (Counts as 1st dc now and throughout pattern) 9 more dc in ring (10 dc total) Join.

Row 2: Ch 3, dc in same stitch, 2dc in next st and in each st around (20 dc total) Join.

Row 3: Ch 3, 2 dc in next stitch *1 dc in next stitch, 2 dc in the next stitch* repeat from * to * around (30 dc total) Join.

Rows 4-8: Ch 6, (counts as first double treble crochet (DTC), chain 1 now and throughout) *Skip next stitch, DTC, Chain 1* repeat from * to * around. Ending Join to 5th chain.

Row 9: Ch3, 1 dc in each DTC and in the top of each ch 1 space around. Join.

Row 10-?: Ch 3, dc in each of next two stitches (3 dc total) Turn and repeat until desired length. Remembering to allow for strap to stretch due to bottle weight. Sew seam or slip stitch to the other side.

Weave in all ends and Enjoy!!!

Make one for yourself or a friend, but do not sell them. If you want to share the pattern please share the link and not the pattern itself. Thanks!!!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Very clever idea from you!!
Knitting really does a lot of surprising projects, and this one also surprise me. Keep it up!


Marilyn from pose bardage bois 

jaycutler said...

inventory journal

operation software

director software

driver software

factory software

pub software

baker software

baker software

county software

dancing log

John F. said...

I have made a few of these and I decided to make a few changes to make this a great starter pattern that has all of the basic stitches. After the the three initial rounds of double crochets, I then do a row of single crochet without increasing (30). After that I do the double treble rows. I then top off the double trebles with a row of half doubles. I then follow the instructions for the handle, but instead of double crochets, I go with treble crochet.

I am thinking of writing this up so that it will hopefully all make sense.

I love this pattern as a way to use up leftover yarn. I just combine the ends, so I will have some that are just two different colors. Thanks for the pattern.