Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Website Reviews

Knit Picks : A great internet resource for yarn, especially wool yarn at a reasonable price. Some of their yarns do run a little light for their weight classification, but they are gorgeous and great to work with! They usually run specials for free shipping on orders of $40.00 or more.

Knitting Pattern Central: The best source of free patterns available. All are organized by catergory. There is an instruction directory for extra help. The website is updated all the time. There is also a sister site equally as good for crocheters Crochet Pattern Central

Knitty They have an online magazine with excellent articles and patterns. They always have neat new knits that are very modern.

Mary Maxim: I ordered from them for the first time the other day and I was skeptical. I was amazed at the service and quality of product. I recieve my order less than 48 hours after I placed the order online. And I didn't even ask for the rush shipping. I also ordered their yarn mystery box. You pay $30 and you get easily $60.00 worth of yarn. And not just random skeins. I recieved 2 full bags of the same kind of yarn to make a large project, a large bag of sets of 2 skeins of each type of yarn, and about 6 patterns. It was well worth the money. Their kits for making blankets and sweaters are also great! I am making a pink throw right now from one of their kits, and I have plans to make the guys wolf sweater sometime soon. Make sure you check out their site!

Smiley's Yarns: An excellent source for SUPER Cheap yarn from brand names you know. I love working with their alpaca yarn. It's super warm and wonderful. They are constantly adding new yarns at blowout prices. One of the downsides is that you do have to order at least $40.00 worth of yarn and then there is a shipping fee of $12.95. The good news is that $40.00 buys you a ton of yarn on their site!

MORE COMING SOON...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the great patterns and tips! I was wondering how you liked Etsy though. Are there other good websites to sell crafts?

About Cafe24 said...

your website review is very nice. you have a great criticism talent! Keep it up! :)